The following is a message I sent to Petey, and in his reply to me, he suggested that I edit/copy/paste to this particular topic area:
Petey: I found 'Dragan' (Wayne) early on, as well as Minnie in Va. Beach...it appears that these are the only TWO on the forum with SCC mandible, like Buzz has. Last night, I pm'd Wayne in a panic because Buzz woke up strangling, ran to the bathroom and blood was dripping from his mouth! He said he felt like 'something erupted' in his mouth and the taste was horrible. (This is GROSS, but I could SMELL the stench while standing beside him at the sink!) The continued to bleed and spit for about 10 minutes..went back to bed...same thing happened a few minutes later...he REFUSED to go to the local E.R., and of course I was beginning to panic! He stayed up for a while, and I pm'd Wayne, who responded immediately, advising me to get Buzz to E.R....of course, Buzz refused and went to bed. TWICE more during the night he woke up with mouth full of blood clots. I MADE him take a penicillin capsule left over from his biopsy, and MADE him take another one today. He says he felt like maybe an abcess ruptured, and released alot of pressure he had been feeling UNDER the spot where biopsy was done. I have spent HOURS today online and can find nothing definitive to explain this phenomana. Since his diagnosis includes 'necrotic lymph node' there are literally HUNDREDS and possibly THOUSANDS of references online, but nothing explicit that would be helpful. You can bet that I'll be calling the nurse at Baptist Hospital in the a.m. to see if she can assist me. Buzz' surgery date has been 're-scheduled' we were told yesterday, but no new date has been given; the surgeon is out of the clinic until MONDAY. Petey, I can SEE with my NAKED eye that the cancer has spread toward the front of his mouth, under his tongue and even a spot on his inside upper lip SINCE WE SAW the doctor last Wednesday! It is horrible! I'm SO afraid that it is spreading out of control and we STILL don't have a surgery date! Anyway, enough about my problems! THANK YOU for allowing me to VENT! Now, WHAT is the answer to your riddle? I'm usually up most of the night, so if you need to release some steam, feel free! Good night! I hope you'll get some rest! Lois

--------------------
06/06/07: invasive (R) mandible SCC; mod. diff; 30+ yrs cigar smoker-quit 10 yrs ago; 30+ yrs; 1 beer/day; Baptist Hosp:06/27; Stage IV; surgery: UNKNOWN;then chem/rad later

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 29 | From: Central North Carolina, USA | Registered: Jun 2007

CG to 77 y/o hubby;SCC Alveolar Ridge; Wake Forest Baptist Hosp surgery: 07/19/07; bi mod radical resection/jaw replacement;
T2 N2-B M0 Stage IV-A
28 IMRT +
6 Paclitaxel/Carboplatin
Getting stronger every day!