Hello Everyone
Been away for a while has Brian has many ups and downs and has been in and out of the hospial with pneumonia and malnutrition. Right now he is in a rehab for a few days, transitioning from the hospital to recover from bacteria pneumonia They are giving him IV antibiotics and are trying him with new foods Nutren 2.0 500 cal. The problem is that alot of the infections are becoming resistant to the antibiotics. I think when he had the tonsil bleed in October and went into respirtory arrest that it just screwed up his lungs, he still has the trach which is'nt used for anything and the Ent said it would be fine to have it out, But there is still a question if the tumor is completly gone. We feel so confused, We had a petscan done And the Radiation dr really does'nt like pet scans because of the fact that brians tongue does light up but he said that it will because of all the radiation. Do this dr goes by how the tongue looks and feels when he does the scope. On the other hand the ENT is not so sure if the tumor is still there or not. So it is very frustrating with 2 diff opinions. I feel that if Brian had the trach taken out he possibly would get less aspiration pneumonia. His spirits are so down. He is the youngest in the rehab basically a nursing home. I told him its only for a few days. All he wants to do is to eat again (he's a Chef) how cruel. Some drs say he may never eat again because of All the scar tissue and narrow passage and that the epiglotis is not working as it should, He told me he couldn't live if he could never eat again. I'm so afraid for him and our kids.
Just had to Vent
Keep up the good fight
B

BOT stage IV SCC moderately diff, invasive. radiation 2 chemos. DX 06/06. Ended radiation 8/11/06. Bleed out from tonsil area from radiation necrosis 10/27/06.