Hi again and thanks to all of you who've been supportive and helpful, even though was only in 'testing' stage.
After being told yesterday there were no histology results yet because of holidays, so therefore not worth going for appt today, today went pear-shaped--yes, results, come in---then radiology dept rang--could I go for CT scan as well? Finally, after 2 pints barium meal and dye injection(why does no-one TELL you about those 'bits'???) and scan, went to clinic. Got out finally at 5.50p.m, after being greeted by surgeon, oncologist and 2 cancer nurses---told cancer is 'rare'--NOT parotid but from bone and muscle in jaw area--but, to my surprise, operable---okay, so 3 weeks hospital, lose half my face, jaw-bone, facial nerves, 1 salivary gland--permanent drooping eye and mouth etc.---then radiation
Onc offered alternative of 3 rounds cisplatin plus aggressive radio, but all seemed to agree surgery was 'best' option.
Spent evening ringing/emailing friends and relatives.
Part relief at finally having 'diagnosis', more so at prospective end to pain which is driving me nuts, terror at thought of surgery and hospital for 3 weeks
Oh, and does anyone know a good brown paper-bag supplier???????? To stop old ladies and small children fainting at the sight of me afterwards????
brenda

Brenda in UK--Diagnosis 30/5/07--undifferentiated carcinoma in right jawbone and muscles. Stage 4
6/7/07--new diagnosis primary is in lung. Finished 4cycles of palliative carboplatin/gemcitabine
therapy September 07
Now dying to live!