While i am happy that you are at last getting the treatment that you so desperately need,i am also sad that like Robin,your diagnosis is worse than it needed to be.If Robins dentist had picked up his primary 6 months earlier firstly it would have made the surgery less radical,and secondly it would have increased his long term survival chances.This made me furious and is the reason why i have been getting involved in the campaign for early detection as i have never come acroos a disease that advances so rapidly.It is unreal the time you have waited to get to the starting line.
Still the one thing we found was that once we were on the starting blocks,the race advanced very swiftly.So make sure you push for the earliest dates for all your teatment,its your turn to be front of the queue.Good luck Petey and try to keep that sparky spirit live and kicking

love liz in the uk

Liz in the UK

Husband Robin aged 44 years Dx 8th Dec 2006 poorly differentiated SCC tongue with met to neck T1N2cM0 Surgery and Radiation.Finished TX April 2007
Recurrence June/07 died July 29th/07.

Never take your eye off the ball, it may just smack you in the mouth.