Finally a begining. After TV segment I'm getting treatment. Tumor is over 5 cm, a T3 but since lymph node is 6 cm N2 he said that makes T=4 and M0. So it's T3-4 N2 M0. Going for PET and chest x-ray wednesday. Is this an MRI? Got call late and DR. could see me "now" B4 he closed (rushed to get there) so I did not bring paper to write what he said. Need half-glossectomy, more if margins are not clear. Left neck disection. Lynmph node was loose (not attatched to jaw) so mandible should be ok.. But a nerve that goes to lip probally will be removed since it runs right by 6 cm lymph node. 3 weeks after surgery radiation to begin. Probally a few chemos also. This was a preliminary Dx since he only had biopsy report and his exam to go on. Can someone put this in laymens terms for me please. Also got oxycodone 15 for pain.Just took it and waiting to see affects. He said it was 1 1/2 times stronger as the percocets. I lost 10 pnds. this month. Paper work and correct coverage WILL be obtained. This DR. will do surgery, and Wellington Hosp. is covering cost probono. This will be a "team" effort, but he said I need the surgery stat.Please TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK. PeteyB.
Ps. Also said he cwould use muscle from chest to rebuild tongue if needed.

DX 3-21-07 L tongue,SCC Stage IV (T3N2MO) TX Slash/Burn/Poison Method.
***Rapid Aggressive Recurrence 8-4-07 with same DX/TX. Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh. Never Give Up! ****UPDATE**** Our dear friend Petey passed away, RIP 9-2-07