How often do you do PET Scans and do you do them even if no chemo or rad and no node involvement?
Just wondering , I have never had one yet , I had a CT Scan. Also They are removing my tonsils in 1 1/2 weeks I have been on antibiotics 3 times since the surgery 7 weeks ago ...Nothing helping , some days voice is really raspy and hoarse and of course it hurts all the time somtimes with sharp shooting pain, My question is can there be cancer even if the havent seen a tumor or lesion on the tonsils ? I have been scoped 2x since surgery ( I HATE THAT ) and they dont see anything, They are going to biopsy the tonsils and it is being put off for week or so by me due 2 holidays and kids on vacation ( 5 kids outta school and recouperation dont go hand n hand LOL) , SO just curious if it could be there with out visisble signs . I am not losing much sleep over it as I know they are coming out,just a little anxious and at the point take whatever ..I give up LOL ( not in that sense that i wont fight ) take it all !!!!

Shar

Sharlee
35 year old Female Non smoker, very occasional alcohol ..Scc T1N0M0,partial glossectomy and left neck disection ,2/9/07 No rad deemed ness. 4/16 tonsillectomy ..Trimengenial Neuralga due to surgery