I'm another person with a PEG who still takes baths. I have to be careful to stick my stomach out enough that the PEG opening is not below the water line (otherwise soapy water can gradually leak around the tube opening into your stomach--not a good thing) although sometimes before I add any soap to the water I just slouch down and submerge myself for a few minutes (which has the added advantage of rinsing the PEG site with warm water).

If baths are that important a comfort to her, I'd encourage her to try these methods. The main thing to realize is that if the tube site is submerged, the water, and whatever is in it, can/will gradually leak into her stomach. Her doctor will probably tell her no baths but if you are a bath lover, there are ways to bath with a PEG!

Nelie

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"