Since my last post, I have been really working on being patient (as opposed to being a patient), about getting my biopsy results. I had made a conscious decision and somewhat futile attempt to put it out of my mind and try to enjoy the holidays. Well, I still don't know anything and my emotions are like a racquet ball bouncing off all the walls.

The report du jour is that my biopsy is being reviewed by a panel of pathologist at Stanford. Now, I don't know if this is after ONE of their pathologist looked at it and needed help or what the deal is. It was also confirmed to me that this "panel" is also looking at my MRI as part of their consideration. So far, nobody has told me whether or not I have cancer! Today is three weeks since my initial visit to the ENT and I still don't know anything.

In the last couple of weeks, I have spent a good deal of time on this forum and am continuing to learn as much as I can. Given what I've learned so far, I feel reasonably sure that I do have cancer. Having said that, I also feel that I am much better informed, have some understanding of what I may be in for, a pretty long list of questions and I'm ready for the fight - if it comes to that. I just want to know and then, I want to start getting well!

Thanks for the opportunity to vent. And, I kept it clean! ;-)

SCC, Right tonsillar fossa, T4N2M0, Dx 1/12/07