I'm on an emotional roller coaster. PCP referred me to ENT for what he diagnosed as tonsillitis, (which were removed when I was 8!). ENT said "I don't like the way that looks". I said "I don't like the way it feels" - it hurt like hell! Biopsy done in ENT's office and sent to a local pathologist came back as suspicous but inconclusive. It has been sent to Stanford for further analysis - he said rather than take another biopsy sample. I have also had an MRI. I got the report back day before yesterday and it states "A 1.5 x 2.1 cm area of T2 lengthening and enhancement is present now in the right mycosal space and the mid oropharynx consistent with a squamous cell neoplasm." ENT says nothing is definite until confirmed by the biopsy. And, it seems like I won't get those results until after the New Year holiday. I don't know, but it sounds like cancer to me. I just want to know.

BTW, I'm 53, single female, no children and no real family or support system here. So, while I know I'm a pretty tough cookie, this definitely has me spooked.

SCC, Right tonsillar fossa, T4N2M0, Dx 1/12/07