Amy, I can't give you good answers about either of those things but I switched jobs about 3 and 1/2 years ago and at the time I was hired, I had some kind of mysterious flu-like thing that my doctor was saying might be diverticulitis because it had gone on for so long--she sent me for a CT scan the afternoon of my first day and I was afraid my new insurance wouldn't cover it and neither would my old insurance. But it turned out the insurance there was effective the first day of work and there were no clauses about pre-existing conditions. So it's worth asking about if they offer you the job--just say you have to get some tests that need sceduling.

I'm so sorry to read about the FBI job you now feel like you need to pass on. That sounds hard.

Nelie

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"