I did go to NASA in the first couple of weeks before I really had the wind taken out of my sails by radiation treatments, it was really interesting. When the tour guide found that I was a pilot and a cancer patient in town, a person came down and met Ingrid and I and took us on a behind the scenes tour. Great people in spite of all the flack they have gotten. We sometimes forget that they put us on the moon decades ago, and have been grossly under-funded by every administration since. There was a lot more to like about Houston, but after week 2.5, I spent all my time holed up in a tiny apartment next to MDACC sleeping all day between treatments. Ingrid rented every video know to man during that period of time while she waited it all out with me. Blockbuster made a fortune off of her...she would watch about 15-20 a week, read a ton of novels, (thank you Amazon) and catered to my every whining whim.... something I will never be able to repay her for.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.