Lyn,

I was/am one of the "fortunate" SCC cancer victims as I didn't require surgery even though I was Staged a IV. I can't begin to imagine what you have been through nor what physical and mental challenges lie ahead but there have been plenty similar to you on this site since I've joined and I'm sure as Jerry says you will hear from them shorty.

That said, I can assure you that you have found the best possible site to get you through this and my bet is that we'll be celegrating your 50th BD in no time.

One thing that my cancer experience has taught me is that the mental part of this ugly disease is 50% of our battle so please accept what's done ASAP and look positively towards your new life. In no way am I discounting your physical challenges nor the Tx that lies ahead but the more positive you are now, the better everything will be. I guarantee it !!

This site will be with every step of the way and soon you will be posting to help others.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.