well, how to begin?? Del was diagnosed in april, after about a month of not being able to swallow, and having a sore throat. he had lost 20 lbs. and still didnt want to see the doctor; but finally he did, and then we were locked into the rollercoaster that is cancer. he is t3n3mo. the tumor had traveled down to the epiglottis and included 1 vocal cord. so, he had 3 rounds of chemo- 5fu, cisplatin, and taxotere, and Erbitux. which reduced the tumor, 85%. we were thrilled!! then came 35 treatments of radiation, and that just knocked him almost out. that ended last week of sept. until then i had been so hopeful, but now its been 2 months, he cant swallow anything yet, and he's had terrible headachs that have required the patch and extra meds. he sleeps most of the day. fortunately he tolerates the tube feeds well via peg. but he's much sicker than i expected him to be after all this,.. and i'm scared he'll never be the same. last week he ad a pet/ct scan and today i think we'll hear the results,.. we're seeing a surgeon about another biopsy. the last visit they scoped him and found some "ulceration" that they want to check out. so, it's 345am my time, and here i sit unable to sleep.
thank you all for letting me get this out.
nycgrl

wife to Del,dx.4/07 BOT SCC t3n3m0 3rounds chemo (5fu,cisplat,taxotere,erbitux)35 IMRT tx.with weekly erbitux.finished 9/07. 12/07 biopsies +,surgery not an option.returned to palliative chemo 2/08. 6 tx.of cisplatin/taxotere,methotrexate 8 tx. He died Aug 20,2008, but lives always in my heart.