Hi, Y'all.
I'm new to the group...we've been fighting a squamous cell cancer at the base of my tongue since June '07. I've done 3 real chemo sessions (1 treatment every third week) and am doing TOMO radiation right now (M-F for seven weeks)with a once a week dose of Erbetux (sp).
Getting food into me has become a pain, so this past week we had a PEG installed and I am now using it in the evenings and trying to eat soup or soft veggies during the day.
I can't get rid of the salt taste right now so anythig going into my mouth just tastes like sea water....this sucks for a BBQ judge frown
I can see there is a ton of information here and will try to read as much as I can and IF I can pass on anything I learn, I sure will.
Best wishes to all,
Gary

Stage 4b BOT and node on right of throat. did 38 trips of TOMO PEG tube,Cysplatin,Taxotere & 5fu 1st 4th and 7th week, changed to Erbitux for the last 4 weeks. 1st PETS since end of TX..CLEAR 6mos out and 2 nodes are hot. Bilateral neck dissection on 10/31/08. Clear Scan 3/31/09 & 8/02/2010