Hi Steven,
Has anyone suggested tussionex for the stringy saliva? I know that helped my mom tremendously.
My mom's RO said he wanted to wait for some time before he ran any new PET/CT scans, he was worried about scar tissue from the treatments.
My mom has been a little unbalanced the last two days, I am now wondering if that could indeed be neuropathy. I had read about it in the beginning of treatments but had forgotten about it until I read your post. >>> Thank you! I am always amazed at how much I learn from someone else who is asking questions.
Try not to fret so much --how's that expression? my dad was born in raised in Cherokee County, GA. -- try to enjoy today, find a positive in as much as you can. I see my mom starting to slide down worryhill, I know it will just exhaust her. I am not making light of any of this, it is so frightening, mind consuming, and generally overbearing.
I have to say that the internet scared the hell out of me, till I found the OCF. I appreciate all the honesty and stories, and the absolute acceptance from everyone. It has been a gift for me.
Donna

Donna
CG to Mom, dx 4/25/07 with tongue cancer,T3N0,tx began 7/6/07, 31 tx's of IMRT, 8 cycles of Erbitux. Brachytherapy, surgery, left neck dissection and temp trach placed all on 9/17/07, trach removed 10/17/07. ORN of jaw, late effect of radiation symptoms. **lost my beautiful mother on 5/5/11.