Steven, welcome to this site. I did not experience any of the saliva problems you are going thru. My biggest side effect with saliva is the lack of it. I constantly keep a bottle of water with me 24/7 no matter where I go. If I cough or sneeze real hard then I feel the pain in the back of my throat. From the way I read your post it sounds like you may be suffering from data overload. Sure it is great to be informed about what you are going thru but even with information, it can be a tough thing to handle. Don't convince yourself there is something wrong. If the pain in your chest is uncomfortable then call your MO and ask about it. In regards to the numbness, yes I had/have it. The numbness in my fingers is pretty much gone but both of my feet feel as though they are asleep all the time. The way I look at it now is this damn sure beats the alternative. Who are your docs at Emory? That is where I had my treatment and really think highly of all my docs.

Bill B. Dx 10-16-06 Stage 4 T2N2bM0 SCC Left Tonsil,3 nodes. 1st tx 11-28-06, last tx 1-8-07. 3x Cisplatlin, 5fu pump, and Doxetaxel. Modified neck dissection,20 Nodes removed, all clear 02-21-07. HPV+,33 IMRT start 3-22-07 70GY,Completed 05-04-07 smile