Hey Joe,
Being where you are a few months back and still going through so much, I can tell you to sit back and take a deep breath. I am the primary caregiver to my mom. First, wait for biopsy results. If it is cancer, hold on for the ride. We've encountered a lot of changes along the way, for example, thought she was going to have surgery, then found out she couldn't. You've got to take it step by step, day by day. You'll burn yourself out before you even get a diagnosis. The people on this forum have been wonderful, and so very intelligent and resourceful. Wouldn't have made it this far without going insane without their love and guidance.
The greatest thing I do for my mom I think is just love her, be patient, try to listen, and hug her often. I think hugging and holding her helps build her up more than any words.
Prayers and Peace to you both,
Donna

Donna
CG to Mom, dx 4/25/07 with tongue cancer,T3N0,tx began 7/6/07, 31 tx's of IMRT, 8 cycles of Erbitux. Brachytherapy, surgery, left neck dissection and temp trach placed all on 9/17/07, trach removed 10/17/07. ORN of jaw, late effect of radiation symptoms. **lost my beautiful mother on 5/5/11.