I went to Ohio State James Cancer center for a 2nd opiinion after going to WVU hospital in Morgantown WVa. It was well worth getting the 2nd opinion at James Cancer Center. WVU wanted to take at least half my tongue , insert a feeding tube into my stomache , put a trach in me , among other things, and only gave me a 50- 50 chance of making it. Dr Ozer at James Cancer Center said he didn't think it was that bad , so natuarally I let him operate. He did take a large part of my tongue and part of the floor of my mouth and 3 lymph nodes out of my neck. I went to the Center yesterday for a cat scan and a pet scan. I see the Dr the 4th of Sept for the results. I am back to eating and feel good. I have no trach or feeding tube and am so glad I got the 2nd opinion. I haven't gotten the results from the lymph nodes but will the 4th. I say go for the 2nd opinion. The people on here convinced me to get the 2nd opinion and I owe them a lot. Here's wishing you well and have you in my prayers.

Since posting this. UPMC, Pittsburgh, Oct 2011 until Jan. I averaged about 2 to 3 surgeries a week there. w Can't have jaw made as bone is deteroriating steaily that is left in jaw. Mersa is to blame. Feeding tube . Had trach for 4mos. Got it out April.
--- Passed away 5/14/14, will be greatly missed by everyone here