I pushed and pushed to have my RO give me some idea in the beginning about time of taste bud loss. He never really wanted to respond to that question and I can now see why in my case of just over 1 year post Tx. Taste is still probably the biggest issue for me at this point as few things taste as they did before and some things are just not tolerable. I still pick up too much of a sweet taste in such things as yellow corn, most types of nuts, any type of bread or bread product. No type of dessert tastes right and chocolate is probably the worst. It seems that taste issues vary more for survivors than for any other feature from my monitoring this forum. I have come to the conclusion that it really seems to do no good for any one survivor to relate their individual taste recovery or lack thereof experiences. The taste issues just seem to be so subjective in nature.

Bill D.

Dx 4/27/06, SCC, BOT, Stage III/IV, Tx 5/25/06 through 7/12/06 - 33 IMRT and 4 chemo, radical right side neck dissection 9/20/06.