Removing the peg takes about 30 seconds; I actually removed my own since I was in Santa Fe, a long ways from MDACC. Some like mine have a little thin wire in them that causes the other end to "pigtail" up once they have put it in. Cut that little wire and the tube inside straightens out and you just pull it out. A 2X2 gauze and a piece of tape for one day covered things up, and that was it. No leaks, no fuss, no muss. Other types have a small, inflated balloon at the end that keeps them in. Deflate the balloon and the tube comes right out. While I am not advocating that you take your own out, I mention all this to illustrate that it is no big deal. I had mine in for about 8 months after the completion of all the treatments... it was that long before I was able to get enough nutrition through my trashed mouth and throat. I'm glad to hear that your mouth hasn't developed mucositis yet, but in my case it really didn't show up until about the third week. Also, many get a longer course of radiation than 4 weeks, and with your short schedule, you may not have as many of the side effects that you read about from others here. Let

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.