Greetings all,

I'm in the middle of my treatments now. I had a round of chemo last week that really knocked me down....thank goodness for my mom and husband because they kept me from going back to the hospital. (i was quite ill) The radiation is going ok....the doctors are still waiting for the side effects to show up. For now I just have redness on my neck, no sore mouth or sore throat. Hopefully it will stay that way!!

My new tongue is coming to life, and the doc can't believe it's happening so fast. He even poked it with a stick to see if I could feel it...and I did! The cool thing is that I'm eating anything I want now. I wasn't expecting to do this until xmas, but all of the prayers behind me are really working. I also am talking fine, and can even sing again.

My question is...has anyone had a PEG removed? How do they do it? I forgot to ask my doctors and want to be mentally prepared for the next torture they inflict on me. They aren't always the nicest folks.

Thanks,

I survived because I kept hope alive!!! Live, laugh, love and keep fighting hard.
Jeanette
Stage 3 oral cancer...over 60% of tongue and all lymph nodes on right side removed...July 2002.
Chemo and Radiation...ended September 2002.