Hi Shelley, I had a lot of vomiting from mucous that triggered my gag reflex. Not only during treatment but every now and then after treatment for months. One thing to be aware of with the G-tibe is that if he starts gagging when it's open and you are trying to pour stuff in, stuff will come right back out and go all over the place. So if he starts gagging, close off the g-tube quick (you probably have already figured this one out).

Some people find they need a real slow drip for feeding from the g-tube. I was able to do just a "gravity feed" by pouring formula into the syringe and letting it go down at it's own rate (NOT using the plunger in the syringe to push it in, which I found did make me neauseated). You'll need to experiment to see what works best for him.

Good luck with it al and keep coming here with whatever questions you have.

Nelie

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"