Hello all.

I've been looking around here for a month or so now and the information has been invaluable. My husband just got his Peg tube in today, and a nurse is coming tomorrow to show us how to use it. He had his second chemo a week ago and hasn't been able to drink VHC since (he's been drinking the VHC for about 3 weeks now - that's all he eats). He's only had water.

My big concern now is his nausea that seems to be caused from the mucous. He's on Zofran and pilocarpine. The mucous gets his gag reflex going and then he throws up.

What happens in this situation when you have a Peg tube? Does your nausea become more manageable? I know he's better off with the Peg and will get his fluids and nutrition, but I worry that he won't retain anything.

Any advice? Should I repost this in "Currently in Treatment?" Thanks.

Shelly

CG to husband, age 58 (nonsmoker/seldom drinker), Dx SCC right tonsil and one node - tonsilectomy 5/15/07, Rx Cisplatin x 3 with IMRT x 35, Peg 7/6/07, last chemo 7/20/07 and last rad 7/25/07; PET scans clear until 4/10, 9/13/10 diagnosis of "ALL" leukemia, in hospital for 2-4 weeks treatment