I am a new member - my sister was diagnosed with squamous cell cancer of the tongue in February of this year. I'm not sure what her stage is but she had two positive neck nodes (out of 20) and just completed rad/chemo treatments about a month ago. She had no risk factors for this disease and it has been a huge shock for all of us. So now, she is, as I said, about 4 weeks out of treatment. She still can't eat at all. She still has a feeding tube. And this week she has been complaining of worsening tongue pain -- which has me very worried. Why should anything be getting worse at this point? Shouldn't she be getting better? It seems that her biggest problem has been the tongue pain. Does anyone know of a medication that would help her tongue and mouth pain? How long will it be before she can expect to start being able to eat again? Does eating ever return to close to normal? Does anyone have any advise about this? My sister is very depressed, understandably. I have suggested to her that she join this forum, but she doesn't want to talk about it -- so I'm doing it for her. Any help would be greatly appreciated.