EZJim posted this under the Survivor Forum and I was afraid he wouldn't get any responses:

I was diagnosed with oral Cancer involving my tongue, floor of my mouth, throat and maybe my vocal chords. I have had my esophagus operated on for Barretts Esophagus and an abdominal arotic anneurysm repaired. These 2 I handled pretty well. The oral cancer has me wondering. I wonder how long it will be before i can eat and talk normally again. I have 1 more MRI to get the 5th of July and surgery scheduled for the 13th of July. I know most of you have been thru it and can give me some support. I am 71 yrs old and keep hearing about how good I look and I just couldn't have anything wrong. These are people that don't understand what it's like to be a good actor. Any advice any of you can give me would sure be appreciated and I will be very grateful for it. I hope you all recover good and have a great day all.

--------------------
Jim

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.