Posted By: davidcpa EZJim Waiting post relocated - 06-26-2007 06:38 PM
EZJim posted this under the Survivor Forum and I was afraid he wouldn't get any responses:

I was diagnosed with oral Cancer involving my tongue, floor of my mouth, throat and maybe my vocal chords. I have had my esophagus operated on for Barretts Esophagus and an abdominal arotic anneurysm repaired. These 2 I handled pretty well. The oral cancer has me wondering. I wonder how long it will be before i can eat and talk normally again. I have 1 more MRI to get the 5th of July and surgery scheduled for the 13th of July. I know most of you have been thru it and can give me some support. I am 71 yrs old and keep hearing about how good I look and I just couldn't have anything wrong. These are people that don't understand what it's like to be a good actor. Any advice any of you can give me would sure be appreciated and I will be very grateful for it. I hope you all recover good and have a great day all.

--------------------
Jim
Posted By: davidcpa Re: EZJim Waiting post relocated - 06-26-2007 06:40 PM
Jim,

What additional surgery is scheduled July 13th?
Posted By: EzJim Re: EZJim Waiting post relocated - 06-26-2007 08:17 PM
I haven't had surgery on the oral yet. I had a CD of an MRI and a CD of a Pet Scan that I took with me to Dr in Morgantown, WVA. I guess they weren't as clear as the Dr wanted because he said he can see more by looking in my mouth than the scans showed. I go the 5th of July to Morgantown to get another MRI and see 2 more Drs.
Posted By: JAM Re: EZJim Waiting post relocated - 06-26-2007 09:42 PM
Hi, Jim, I'm taking a guess here that you might be retired [I sure hope to be at 71 smile ] Do you have a support system that can be with you during treatent? Is someone going to your Doc appts. with you-for a 2nd pair of ears-? As soon as you know your tx protocol and can post it, then folks here can give you alot of helpful information. Sending you Best luck with this and keep talking to us. Amy in the Ozarks
Posted By: Eileen Re: EZJim Waiting post relocated - 06-26-2007 09:50 PM
Hi Jim,
I have no idea where Morgantown, WVA is, but it doesn't sound like it has a major Comprehensive Cancer Center. Are you being treated at CCC center with a full cancer board? If not, I would go the one closest to you for a primary opinion and then maybe to one of the best for a second opinion. It sounds like your cancer is extensive and you need the best treatment center available.

Take care,
Eileen
Posted By: davidcpa Re: EZJim Waiting post relocated - 06-27-2007 08:17 AM
Jim,

Your beginning post above says that surgery is scheduled July 13th. That's what I was asking....what surgery?
Posted By: EzJim Re: EZJim Waiting post relocated - 06-27-2007 09:25 AM
The surgery is on my tongue, probably about 1/2 of it, I have nodules in my throat , 2 spots on my vocal chords and my left ear are involved. THe Dr will also take the floor of my mouth under my tongue and do a skin graft using skin from my leg. I'll know more after the MRI on the 5th. Thanks for being interested.
Posted By: EzJim Re: EZJim Waiting post relocated - 06-27-2007 09:31 AM
Eileen, Morgantown WVA is the home for West Virginia University. The Drs there are supposed to be well versed on Cancer and it's treatment. I sure hope they are because Ohio State University Hospital is just a couple of hours from my home. Have a great day.
Posted By: EzJim Re: EZJim Waiting post relocated - 06-27-2007 09:34 AM
Jam, my Daughter is a critical care Nurse and she goes with me to appointments. She not only listens , but asks a lot of questions. And yes I am retired. LIke they say, the golden years. Oh Yea
Posted By: lee33 Re: EZJim Waiting post relocated - 06-27-2007 09:52 AM
Hey Jim. I would definately be aggressive with this and get a couple of opinions on treatment. Keep your spirits up and we'll help with what we can. Lee
Posted By: PeteyB Re: EZJim Waiting post relocated - 06-27-2007 11:06 PM
Hello EZJim

I responded to your "posted topic / E-mail address" I will cut and past it here as I know you are new to the OCF.

Responded: 6-27-07 12:17 AM

Welcome EzJim

This will help you put your E-mail address in your profile and anyone can send you one.

ABOUT PRIVATE MESSAGES (PM) AND E-MAIL SET-UP

TO READ AN INCOMMING PM:

ACI also sent you a test
Posted By: minniea Re: EZJim Waiting post relocated - 06-28-2007 12:14 AM
Petey............I KNOW you are just trying to help and I truly love you for it BUT...........if I were new on this board all that info you just posted to the new poster would simply overwhelm me! Let's let the poster get their initial fears out to us and let them spill their anxieties to us before we ask anything OF them. I'm ok with them not being set up for PM's, with their email addresses not being available and with them not having their official diagnosis in their signature. Am I making sense?
Posted By: Joanna Re: EZJim Waiting post relocated - 06-28-2007 02:52 AM
Peter, please listen to Minnie! If I had read that when I first came here, scared to death, even though I was a computer professional, I would have left PDQ and looked for a friendlier place that did not suggest so many non-cancer related actions.
Posted By: PeteyB Re: EZJim Waiting post relocated - 06-28-2007 04:22 AM
Dear Joanna & Minniea

Please read your PM(Joannna)& E-mail (minniea).

I was only answering the "FIRST" post I read from EZJim.

I am very aware of how people feel when they come here!

I have only recieved "THANK YOU'S" FROM PEOPLE I HAVE RESPONDED TO......

The only negatives were from people who the messages were not intended for.

While I'm venting here. A lot of people do not even answer peoples most important question. They see one thing that jumps out at them and do not read the rest of the posts.

RANT OVER, GOOD NIGHT! PETEY

PS:Here is the post I responded to......

http://www.oralcancerfoundation.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/2/t/000980.html
Posted By: PeteyB Re: EZJim Waiting post relocated - 06-30-2007 11:50 AM
Dear Joanna and Minniea

The 2 days the system was down was killing me as I wanted to apologize for my above obtuse response.

You are both correct and I'm not totally wrong. 90% to 10% in your favor.

EZJim

Sorry to "impose" on your thread. I hope all is well.

Sincerely, Petey
Posted By: EzJim Re: EZJim Waiting post relocated - 06-30-2007 03:18 PM
I want to thank Petey for his quick response and good answers. He does seem well versed on this topic..Now If only the Drs would give me a prescription that would ease this pain until I have surgery. Nothing has helped the pain in the left side of mt face. Tongue, neck, left ear , left eye seem to have their own private war going on.. LOL..
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum