Hi everyone,
I am a 17 year old male high school student who has been using dip off and on for a little less than a year. I am not one of those people who does it every day or goes through a full tin a week, however sometimes i did it numerous times a day and went through tins very quickly. I have slowed down a lot over the last few months and stopped buying tins knowing that i would dip more if i had them. Recently, i packed 2 lips and realized when i was done that my gum felt different. I went to the bathroom and realized that i could scrape off the top layer of skin on my gum (like i cut through the top layer kind of) I think i just irritated the gum in the area where i pack the tobacco because it is sore, however there is also a small calice there right at the top of the gum (under the tooth). The calice is sore when i touch it but other than that causes no real discomfort. I do not think it is anything serious because i have not been using tobacco for that long, however do not want to take any chances. Is it possibly leukoplakia (sp?) and does ne1 believe it could be cancerous even though i havent used dip that long?
Thank You for your help