Welcome. I'm srry you had to come looking for us.

It sounds like you're doing remarkably well this soon after surgery. I had a similar surgery last June, although I also had 40% of my jaw removed and rebuilt using fibula. I then followed up surgery with 6 weeks of radiation.

If I had to do one or the other again, I would take the surgery in a heartbeat. That said, the radiation was, and is, do-able.

It WILL make you sick. It WILL take a long while to feel good again. It also CAN be done without a PEG. I did it, and didn't lose very much weight, but it was tough. You're mouth and throat will become very tender, and adequate pain management is the key, but you can get through it.

I had a feeding tube post surgery, and I was highly motivated to avoid having another one during radiation. My motivation to keep drinking was severely tested at times, but I got through...it's too important to allow it to slide.

If there are any specific questions you may have that I, or others can answer, ask away!

Again, welcome
Wayne

SCC left mandible TIVN0M0 40% of jaw removed, rebuilt using fibula, titanium and tissue from forearm.June 06. 30 IMRT Aug.-Oct. 06