Kyle,

One thing I can say is Knowledge is power. the more you know about the disease and treatmets options the better of you are and you will know what is going on . I am a month out (my month was up fri) from having the same surgery you are having. I too am young 35 non smoker non drinker. It is no ride in the park , but you get through it ,best way, one day at a time . I am still waiting for things to"comeback " as they say, but everyday gets better. I never lost the ability to speak, just a few words sound funny almost like I had novacaine. Feel free to email me with any questions and I will do my best to answer ,seeings how I am fairly new to all this my self. But am Fresh with the surgery ( waitin to hear on further tx) you are in the right place for information, but even more so ...for support ! Best wishes and keep us posted!

Sharlee

Sharlee
35 year old Female Non smoker, very occasional alcohol ..Scc T1N0M0,partial glossectomy and left neck disection ,2/9/07 No rad deemed ness. 4/16 tonsillectomy ..Trimengenial Neuralga due to surgery