Roger;
I wish you the best and I personally believe you have made a very wise choice. I visited my Radiation Oncologist today and he mentioned that I needed to get back to the dentist now that I can get my mouth open and can probably handle a cleaning. He said that care of the teeth needed to escalate now with cleaning every 4 months and he mentioned the trays as well.

On my dentist visit prior to treatment I was prescribed a flouride paste to use through treatment. When I told my RO I had started using the paste again he said that was fine as long as I got back into the habit of using it daily. He stated the radiation really abuses the enamel on your teeth.

You will have challenges through your treatment but you will make it. As Mark stated you will find a lot of help and information here.

Stay strong & Best Wishes,

Steve

SCC right side BOT/FOM; DX 1-25-06; Neck dissection/25% of tongue removed 2-17-06. Stage 2 Recurrence 7-06: IMRTX35 & 3X Cisplatin ended 10-18-06. Tumor found 03/18/13; Partial Glossectomy 03/28/13 left lateral tongue. Nov. 2014; headaches,lump on left side of throat. Radical Neck Dissection 12-17-14; Tumor into nerves/jugular; Surgery successful, IMRTX30 & 7X Erbotux. Scan 06-03-15; NED! 06-02-16; Mets to left Humerus bone and lesion on lungs-here We go again! Never, Ever Give Up!

**** PASSED AWAY 10/8/16 ****