Hi there, Your on the right track by being on this site. To get the knowledge you get here it would take a long time on your own. Sloan and MD Anderson are the 2 top rated CCC's in the country. This is my 1st hopefully helpful post since my treatment ended. I have strictly been taking in knowledge from this site for 6 months. I hope this helps.

I went to my family doctor in May 06 for a sinus infection. Took 2 rounds of antibiotics to get it. Noticed a lump in my neck. Insisted on Biopsy and bingo SSC unknown primary. PET/CT Scan revealed BOT T2/N2b/MO. Went to local doctors in Las Vegas (both trained at MD Anderson), did research on the absolute best places for cancer treatment and went to MD Anderson for 2nd opinion. Started induction Chemotherapy consisting of Cisplatin, Taxatere, Erbitux (3 Cycles)in Las Vegas with direction of Dr Kies at MD Anderson (he had worked with the Las Vegas Medical Oncologist). Had excellent response to the chemotherapy with minimal side effects or problems. Went to Houston, rented an apartment and got 6 weeks of IMRT Radiation. The radiation was brutal but from what I understand "The Workhorse" of this cancers treatment plan. Dr Kies assured me that MD Anderson had the best Radiation Team in the US. That's what I want to hear baby. The BEST of the BEST. I finished my last treatment on 11/28/06. Today 1/10/06 I got the results of my 1st Post Treatment CT Scan and physical exam. I have a CCRR (Complete Chemical and Radilogical Response). I am obviously very happy with the results. I am convinced that a CCC (Comprehensive Cancer Center) is the only way to go. Do you want to be treated somewhere that sees a few of these cases or somewhere that sees or has seen thousands of these cases. DUH! I am also convinced that when push comes to shove the experience level of the doctors is going to make the difference in your initial success. Get the best care you can get if you have to go to Egypt. They say you only get 1 good shot at this so throwing the kitchen sink at it is appropriate smile

SCC - Base of tongue-T2 N2b/c or N1 MO (Doctors?) Stage III/IV/3 Cycles Induction Chemo (Cisplatin/Taxatere/Erbitix)/6 weeks IMRT 66GY 30 Treatments w/wkly Erbitux
Diagnosed 5/06 - Finished Treatment 11/28/06 - Complete response 1/10/07 Clear 4/12/07