Welcome and sorry that you are here, but this is the place to be for the best information about OC.

Your husband's diagnosis sound very similar to mine. The only difference is I had a neck dissection to remove the swollen node and several others before I started chemo/radiation treatments. All of the treatment centers you mentioned are very good. Getting a second opinion is definately the right course of action.

I live in Georgia and traveled to San Antonio Texas for my treatment. I'm active duty Air Force and we have a large hospital in San Antonio, Texas. This hospital is affiliated with MD Anderson, for cancer treatments, so my course of treatment was reviewed at MD Anderson. But you are right though, when I was going through treatment, my wife and I really missed being at home. I had no choice though, there was no IMRT offered near home for me.

Several folks around here have been treated at Moffit in Tampa and they say that is a good facilty too. I'm sure you'll get more replies here very soon.

Tim Stoj
60 yr old. Dx Jun 06 with BOT Stage IV. Neck dissesction on 19 Jun 06. Started Tx on 21 Aug 06/completed 33 IMRTs and 3 CT (2 Cisplat & 1 Carboplat) on 5 Oct 06.