David, you wouldn't go in the doghouse anyways. I heard that as many as 80% of the adult population may be harboring some form of HPV. This could be transferred in a number of ways. No one gets tested for this during routine medical exams. But there is a new vaccine for women to protect them against HPV caused cervical cancer. The research and development of that vaccine and the dollars invested are due to the massive amount of women being touched with some form of cervical cancer. Early stages called dysplasia as well seen in young teens. Good luck asking the doctors about being tested. I got phoo- phood away at my suggestion to the ENT and RO of HPV cause. However, my family MD conceded to writing a request to my ob-gyn to test for HPV during my next scheduled annual exam. He originaly dismissed my suggestion of HPV caused SSC when inquiring about Mike. He is Mike's general MD too. He treated Mike's earache and sore throat that did not go away, took the ct scan and got him to the ENT right away. I think the doctors are just now learning about HPVs role and possible links to these other types of head and neck cancers.

Ginny, spouse of MikeG. SSC BOT T2N1M0 Stage III, Dx 06/27/06 at age 52, Tx 07/31/06 through 09/28/06 Chemo Cisplatin & 5FU x2, Radiation x42. Cancer free and doing well.