Thanks for the reply Gail. I did discuss subcu administration with the MO, but he said that it often causes cutaneous allergic reactions, sometimes severe enough that the patient has to stop the drug. He did spend a lot of time discussing the hypotension and nausea side effects, and that is why they are giving Mike a full liter of IV fluids in a fast push along with Zofran and high-dose steroids just before the 3-minute IV administration of the amifostine. But I'll make sure they are watching his vitals closely. I am of course very interested in Mike receiving the med in the least toxic way, so will ask once more this morning about getting the drug as an injection. The MO gave us the package insert to study and it mentions only a the 3-minute IV infusion as route of administration. I also checked the Medimmune site but couldn't find info on dosing by subcu injection. If you have a link that discusses this further, can you let me know as I want to be as well informed as possible. Thanks again for your reply. Every bit of information helps! -Tricia

CG to spouse, tonsillar SCC, T2N0M0, tonsillectomy 9/06, 35 rad tx finished 12/06, no chemo. Positive PET 3/07 in tonsillar fossa (residual tumor), surgery 4/2/07 composite resection tonsillar fossa and BOT w/forearm graft and right ND.