I forgot to add - I'm not sure if your husband has had the surgery or not - but wanted to let you know that the recovery isn't that bad if you have the surgery and neck dissection. I can't comment if you have radiation - as I didn't have that - but most people on this board have and can tell you about that - But most people have no idea that I've ever had cancer. My speech is about 99% what it was before (only myself and my mom can tell a difference), I can eat almost everything I ate before (have a problem with crackers and really dry things due to dry mouth - they removed a couple of salivary glands during my surgery) and my scars are fading really well. Doctor said to use sunscreen on them (SPF of 30 or more) and use it every day - and it really faded the scars - not sure why - but something in there works. I had used Mederma for 3 months and not much improvement - switched to sunscreen with his recommendation and now - most people don't even notice I have a scar clear accross my neck.

So - hope that might ease some anxiety that I'm sure he's going through - I know I was really concerned about all of those issues.

SCC Right Lateral Tongue T2N0M0 Dx 01/12/06, Surgery 01/25/06. Partial Glossectomy, Bilateral Neck Dissection - 22 lymph nodes - all clear. No radiation.