Dear OCF forum members,
it is with tremendous pain and sadness that I have to tell you of Danny Boys passing. Danny was one of the most courageous and compassionate persons I have ever met. In spite of his extreme trials with his cancer and recurrence, he was always there to lend a helping hand and an encouraging word. He touched many lives on the forum and I am sure elsewhere as well. He was a rare person in the modern world. He certainly touched me and will always remain in my heart. He had a rare gift of mercy and will be sorely missed from the forum.

Danny and I had become close friends in the past 3 years as I was a mere 6 months ahead of him and one of the first to reach out to him. But I can tell you, that I learned far more from Danny than anything I could have taught him. If he was frightened by it, he never showed it. He fought the good fight with an acceptance, integrity and quality that we can all learn from. He sent me all of his scan reports and we knew from the beginning that was going to be an uphill fight. He rarely ever mentioned the pain and quality of life issues or complained about it in private and never publicly.

He leaves behind a beautiful and loving family of which my wife, I and many others of you, had the pleasure to meet in Las Vegas. He deeply loved his family and fought with all his might to be with them as long as he could. He was equally and unselfishly concerned for their quality of life as well.

Another light, in our lives, has been extinguished by this horrible disease. I am sure that he is in heaven now praying for all of us.

Here is a link to his memorial page:
http://obit.wichmannfuneralhomes.com/

Gary Allsebrook
Dx 11/22/02, SCC, 6 x 3 cm Polypoid tumor, rt tonsil, Stage III/IVA, T3N0M0 G1/2
Tx 1/28/03 - 3/19/03, Cisplatin ct x2, IMRT, bilateral, with boost, x35(69.96Gy)
"You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14 NIV)