Hi Everyone!
My name is Caryn. After a FNA biopsy on a mass on my left neck, I was diagnosed with a metastatic squamous cell carcinoma to the lymph node, with possible sites of origin being the mouth, throat, tonsils or lungs. My primary immediately sent me for a lung scan which came back normal. After a head and neck scan, it was determined that I have Stage III cancer of the left tonsil and one lymph node. I have since undergone chemotherapy (5FU) fusion and two 4 1/2 hours chemo treatments of Carboplatin and Taxol. I am now undergoing 7 weeks of radiation with chemo every Wednesday for six of the seven weeks.
After 12 rad treatments I stopped all treatments for a week to recover. I now have 12 treatments to go with one more chemo - my radiologist has stopped all treatments again as I cannot swallow, or talk or gargle with the magic mouthwash. I am forever gagging and throwing up blood, which scares me. I don't want to go back into the hospital and wonder if anyone is/has experienced these same symptoms.
Also, what has everyone been using to ease the burns on neck and throat?
Thanks for all your suggestions!

Caryn Healy