My name is Sharon and I was diagnosed with oral cancer in April. I sure haven't been given much information from my doctors, so have to guess at my cancer stage. According to the biopsy report (I had to demand a copy), I have:

Left soft palate lesion, invasive, moderately-differentiated squamous CC arising from highly dysplastic surface mucosa; tumor invades to at least 4 mm below the surface, and is transected at the deep margin of the biopsy; negative for vascular or perineural tumor invasion.

Left retromolar trigone lesion, extensive in situ squamous CC and dysplasia of the oral mucosa; negative for invasive carcinoma.

Left tonsillar fossa, benign reactive squamous mucosa with underlying dense submucosal scarring; negative for dysplasia of the surface mucosa and negative for any invasive carcinoma in the underlying scar tissue.

So, I assume the soft palate biopsy indicates a T2 level, while the retromolar biopsy indicates a Tis level? Don't know what to make of the tonsillar biopsy. But I definitely like seeing all of those "negative for invasive" phrases!

I'm to be given the 7-week radiation routine plus "a few" chemo treatments (no one will be specific!). All docs say because of location, surgery is not an option.

Had a PEG stomach tube installed first week of May, still having problems with pain/infection, so they're removing and installing a 2nd tube today (mid-June).

I'm finding more information on this forum than I've gotten from my doctors (either written or oral). What a Godsend! Reading some of your posts on what you've undergone and are going through makes me feel a whole lot better about this.