i still have my mask. don't know why, i guess i really do. when my imrt's first started i think they were 43 minutes long. at first i was scared too. after a few, it was a nice time of day to take a nap. your not going anywhere. i can recall my siliva not producing after. sure i had salagen just like everybody else. i went to the supermarket in the gardening section i found a little spritz bottle for watering plant's. this worked great, carried it everywhere. once i finally was fitted for dentures, the siliva problem went away. i guess your body respond's to a foreign matter in the mouth. my siliva glands began to work normal again, thank god. i dont know if glands stop working and then restart again. but i have a full bottle of salagen, haven't taken one in month's. now that i'm a laryngectomee, i can't smell or taste. this suck's alot. does anybody out there have a home cure for this? i'd love to hear it i'm starting to get teary, going upstairs to get out that mask, write to ya later. god bless us all