Hi Terry,

You certainly have a right to be upset and confused.

Some of the things you have posted puzzle me. First of all, what does it mean that they tested 30-40% of the nodes removed? The three possibilities given to you by the doctor(s) are also confusing.

1. If the cancer cells are in the lymph nodes not biopsied, are you supposed to just forget about them. (Like Minnie and Mark, I agree, that this fact cannot be left open ended like this).

2. I am not aware of the fact that a body can heal itself from cancer.

3. The needle biopsies, I believe, can be reread by another pathologist. Is this being done?

It might be time to gather all your records and go for another opinion. Also remember, even though you have no risk factors and you felt fine, that doesn't mean that you didn't have cancer. Many of us can say the same thing.

Brian is away right now, but he usually checks the forum even while traveling. Hoefully he will check in with some suggestions and opinions.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Jerry

Jerry

Retired Dentist, 59 years old at diagnosis. SCC of the left lateral border of the tongue (Stage I). Partial glossectomy and 30 nodes removed, 4/6/05. Nodes all clear. No chemo no radiation 18 year survivor.

"Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger"