Hi JoAnne

My husband started treatment for Stage IV , back of tongue SCC on 3/28, one day after your husband. Althogh he hasn't had any surgery because his tumor is a T4 and is inoperable, I can ralate to SO much of what you have said. I think we're in the same place right now, somewhere between fear and hope{which are absolutely exclusive} To have one and not the other would be emotionally unhealthy . You can grieve while still being hopeful at the same time. Aside from the obvious worries we are grieving a loss of certainty and of the comfort of our old lives. But we need to make peace with this new road that lay before us. I think I am finally coming to accept this and embrace the challenges and changes that lay ahead. Change is hard enough even when its for the good never mind when its not something you would wish on any body. Today we had a good day so I feel like I have a grip but tomorrow...well, lets take it one day at a time. I have also found this forum an unbelievable comfort and a wealth of information.

All My Best JoAnne

Kerry/wife of stephenm
StageIV - Base of Tongue T4N0M0
XRT x42 / Taxol and Carboplatin x4
Tx. Finished 5/08/06