Well I had my radical neck dissection and salivary gland relocation on Thurs and drains out and discharged from hospital on Monday.The surgeon removed +20 lymph glands from the side of the cancerous gland and a few from the other side since he was there anyway. Other than some swelling and discomfort - not able to swallow very good and major mucus that would not stop making me feel like choking!!

Now, for the last 3 days my face has been swelling like crazy - look like a character in a fat suit - like perhaps "Fat Bastard" - I was chubby faced before but this is bad. My skin in very stretched and sore. Every day the swelling has travelled higher up my face and this am it was under my eyes!! I have tried ice packs and then ice packs and heat.

My Dr. is in surgery today so when I went to emerg. this morning, they spoke to him and said come back tomorrow.

My sister is a nurse and a Dr. she works with said it almost sounds like the left over lymph nodes ain't picking up the slack for the guys who go removed. Don't I need those little PacMen garbage pickers to get rid of the stuff that is making me swell??

Has anyone else experienced this?

I gotta say, it is really adding to my discomfort and dispare about this whole thing!! If it was pain I could probably go to a second hand store and take my mind off it - but I would honestly scare little children by how swollen my face is.??

Thanks to those who answered my last post!!