Thanks to all of you for your support and encouragement. Amy I saw that article about cosurvivors at the RO yesterday and it's very uplifting. Whether as a patient or caregiver, the battle against cancer is difficult and consuming and I really appreciate how much we can help each other deal with it.

There are also days when it does feel like cancer central in our home and I don't think that's a good thing. I will keep in mind the need to take it one day at a time and remember that this too shall pass.

I'm grateful to know that we all experience similar emotions. I miss the days when life seemed so certain for us but I am also coming to realize how much of an illusion that was. In all honesty I can't see around the bend at this moment but it's less scarey since I've found this forum.

Kerry you are right, change is hard enough when things are going well. Eileen I'll email you the information I have on the DaVinci robot.

Jack and I are trying to find our new normal whatever that may be. Thank you for sharing this journey with us.

Regards JoAnne

JoAnne - Caregiver to husband, cancer rt. tonsil, mets to soft palate, BOT, 7 lymph nodes - T3N2BM0, stage 4. Robotic assisted surgery, radical neck dissection 2/06; 30 IMTX treatments and 4 cycles of cisplatin completed June 06.