I am so grateful that all of you responded to my post so quickly. It just makes me feel better to know there are others like us.

Amy I know what you mean about setting goals - at first I started doing that just to give me somewhere to focus my nervous energy but then I realized I needed small victories in order to get the energy to still believe that the big ones were also possible. Some days nothing seems to be going right and I feel incredibly stupid/helpless. I've found I need to feel those emotions - and then get over them as they are a path to nowhere. It's just so many people are uncomfortable when I'm having a bad moment that I've learned to mask my real feelings for people or forums where I feel safe to share. We can't be noble all the time it's too exhausting, but it's too upseting to hear the well meaning advice of people who have no idea what we're going through. I use my caller ID a lot these days.

Jerry, we are indeed neighbors. Jack had surgery at Hospital of the University of PA and is having his radiation/chemotherapy at Princeton Medical Center. I know our MO has been in contact with an MO at Fox Chase so it's good to meet someone who is being treated there.

Karen I am so happy to hear that you are doing well since your treatment ended. Did you also have surgery?

I will be in touch and really appreciate your responses.
Regards JoAnne

JoAnne - Caregiver to husband, cancer rt. tonsil, mets to soft palate, BOT, 7 lymph nodes - T3N2BM0, stage 4. Robotic assisted surgery, radical neck dissection 2/06; 30 IMTX treatments and 4 cycles of cisplatin completed June 06.