I just found this Board and like all others think it is great. I was diagnosed with SCC after a biopsy of a lump in my neck. Search for primary included CT scan, petscan, xrays and 2 surgical biopies. No luck finding primary!! Next Thursday I will have a radical neck dissection and a salivary gland relocation. The relocation is a new technique to save the gland. The take the gland from the non-cancer side of the neck and "flip" it under your chin - just what I need more chins!! When i start radiation and chemo 4-5wks later, the proceedure should help protect the gland. '

I have read that some neck cancer patients have had their radiation &/or chemo first, then the radical - I would love to hear about that choice - or was it a choice. My oncologist seemed to be leaning toward taking pills to stimulate the saliva gland, then radiation/chemo and then surgery. I decided on the suggestion of my surgeon.

My teeny tiny lump is less than 1cm and stage 2.

Best wishes to all, thanks for the very helpful site and your openess to share. Although I too have great supports I think they can only understand so much - plus i think they might be sick of my whining.