Dear Light10, thank you sooooooo much for your reply. It's great to hear from someone (or about someone) who has had this cancer for a longer period of time. I am very happy to hear that your Mom's tumors have stopped growing. I hope she's feeling well and I will keep her in my prayers.

I hear what you're saying about the statistics, but when you're actually in the situation that your Mom and I are in it does weigh on your mind from time to time. I do and will keep a positive attitude. I believe that attitude is A LOT of the battle!

If you don't mind and you have the time I'd like to ask some questions about your Moms diagnosis.
First of all, what type of surgery did she have in the beginning and had the ACC moved into the nerve? Mine did, and the pain from that is what eventually led me to the Dr.

Does your Mom have a chest X-ray done yearly and is that how they discovered it had metastisized?
Also did she have any other test done besides the chest X-ray?

I contacted Dr. George Laramore in Seattle WA. He suggested a chest X-ray, and a MRI of the head and neck twice a year for the first two years then once a year after that.

One more question! How is she feeling now and how did they treat her this time?

Thanks again for responding and I wish your Mom the best. Please tell her she will be in my prayers.

Beth