Hi, my name is Delia and my fiancee was diagnosed with SCC stage IV of the Larnyx on Janurary 16, 2006. He had a horse voice for 4 years and we never got it checked- until his voice started cutting out. He was diagnosed with a aggressive and malignant SCC and it was stage IV.
He had a PEG tube put in before his treatment and he has only 2 weeks of radiation left. He has completed 5 weeks of radiation and 2 cycles of chemotherapy. He is so swollen that they dont think that they are going to do the 3rd round of chemo.
He is in so much pain and is constantly throwing up mucus. Nothing works for the mucus- only nasal spray helps a little. His neck looks like it was burnt by fire- but that means its working right? He has a Kangaroo pump because his stomach wont digest with the mucus.

I love him so much and am so scared. I dont want him to be afraid. It is crunch time (only 2 weeks left). I just found this site and I am thankful for that.

Delia- Caregiver and fiancee to Charlie ,age 30,(SCC of Larnyx-Stage IV) chemotherapy and radiation- no surgery finished tx:4/7/06 SURVIVIOR!