I just read through all of these posts and didn't see any mention of having your wrists bound to your ankles while in the mask and receiving treatments, which is what they do to my husband. Is that standard?

His treatments last about 15 minutes, and they have done new CT scans twice already, necessitating the day after the scans are done to be on the table for what seems an interminably long time while they do "films." The first time that lasted an hour. Tomorrow they will be doing films again. I hope it doesn't last that long again. He will be taking valium tomorrow but wasn't given the opportunity the last time because they didn't tell him ahead of time what would be taking place. I tell him to meditate but I don't think he does. He is too afraid of getting sick or coughing while in the mask. "Brave" is an understatement when it comes to all who go through this treatment. I finally actually saw my husband on the table the other day for the first time while he was in the mask, right after he had a new one made. I was very nervous to even see him in it!

Michele, caregiver to husband, Jesse, SCC diagnosed 1/5/06 unknown primary, lf neck mass >6 cm. Chemo (Cisplatin 2x; Carboplatin & Taxol 2x) & XRT radiation 39X ending 4/4/06. Rad neck dissection 8.5 hrs 4/13/06. 30 HBO treatments Fall 2006.