Well I'm with Cathy here. Surgical only people doing surgical only solutions with dysplasia still in the margins. I am less than comfortable with this. My GUESS is that if you were being seen at a MAJOR CANCER CENTER that routinely saw oral cancer patients, and had the opportunity to have a full TEAM of doctors following your case, you would be getting radiation about now. Surgeons will routinely say they consider keeping it in reserve a good thing, but the fact is that if this is not completely eradicated now, the recurrence is much more difficult to deal with... even using radiation as part of that SECOND round of treatment. I would be getting a second opinion from a radiation oncologist, and not be leaving my fate in people outside the world of oncology and from a singular discipline, surgery. I wouldn't be doing this down the road, I'd do it now. I don't mean to rain on your parade of getting out of radiation, or to sow too many seeds of doubt in your mind. But many of us here have seen this scenario before, and not always with the best of results.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.