He fell in he shower yesterday. I had to help him up. He could not get up on his own. They put falling risk on his door when he is hospitalized.

The oncology nurse called him today. She once again gave him him the low down and told him he will not feel back to normal for at least a year and there is no short cut. I was so glad she called me as well to discuss his stubbornness to use a feeding tube. I also got to tell her how noticeable his lack of comprehension is even after 1 day of lack of nutrition and she said that it's not my imagination.

Now we will see when I get home how many boxes of formula he used and how much water. He told the nurse he had done 5 boxes and 10 syringes by noon. I hope that's true.

Thanks for the info from all. I find when I talk to the nurses, they tell me little that is new. I tell them I have "experts (survivors)" educating me on how this should go!

ETA. came home after being gone 14 hrs in classes, 4 boxes done and maybe 16 oz of fluid. i filled 5 syringes and left the room. This is ridiculous. He told the nurse he had done 5 boxes by noon. no he did 4. he said 10 syringes of water. maybe 8. at least he did some. he said he almost threw up last night so he can't be doing all this formula. i said skip the formula tonight but do more in the mornings when you don't have so much nausea. I don't want a full belly at night either. But get that water in tonight. I notice he goes to the bathroom once a day most days. He's going to end up in long term care at this rate and use up his insurance for the rest of his life so other people can save his life.

Last edited by ConnieT; 10-22-2018 06:57 PM.

Spouse of 58 yr old with BOT cancer
Stage 4a HPV16 positive
3 chemo treatments cisplantin
35 radiation treatments 7000 cGy
former smoker/chewed tobacco for 38 yrs.
1/2020 diagnosed with cancer near TMJ
4/2020 chemo 5 days every 2 weeks
6/2020 proton therapy
9/21/2020 cancer free